Family friendly Driftwood Corner combines the charm of a classic beach house with modern comforts, having been completely renovated and refurbished in 2021. Bring the kids, the grandchildren or both, plus the dog and come and relax by the sea!
- The enclosed south facing garden includes a large patio with plenty of seating for bbqs and outdoor socialising
- A cosy lounge is set around the original inglenook fireplace with wood burner. Perfect for winter evenings
- Situated on a private sea estate, just 150m from the beach at East Preston, it’s quiet and pretty safe for kids to ride their scooters and bikes
- A good selection of cafes, pubs and takeaways are within walking distance
- The house sleeps 8 in 4 bedrooms with 3 bathrooms (2 ensuite)
A little bit of detail:
Driftwood Corner has a distinctive and laid-back beach style. Its original features have been lovingly restored and enhanced with bespoke new details created from locally sourced, reclaimed materials, as well as carefully chosen vintage furniture pieces.
The sitting room has two areas, separated by an original, oak beamed archway. One area has plenty of comfy seating, set around the inglenook fireplace, complete with log burner. It’s a light and airy room during the day, with two sets of French doors, giving access to the patio and verandah. In the evenings and during the winter it’s a warm, sociable space where everyone can sit together. The second area is the family room/snug, with a 50″ screen smart TV, family board games, a full size, vintage pinball machine and some vintage Beanos that were found in the house during renovation!
The open plan kitchen/dining room can be accessed directly from the lounge or the hallway. There’s a breakfast bar, as well as a large dining table with corner bench, vintage stools and whitewashed brick walls. Driftwood from the local beaches has been transformed into unique light fittings and feature walls. The kitchen is equipped with a double range cooker, fridge freezer, microwave, dishwasher and washer/dryer.
The outside space is accessed by french doors in the sitting room. On one side is the beautifully restored verandah with hanging chair. On the other, is the south facing patio with repurposed cable drum tables, a charcoal bbq and pergola complete with fairy lights! The enclosed, secure garden is a great space for the kids to play or to entertain the dog.
The master bedroom has a superking bed and ensuite shower room. There is also the option to work from home here, with a desk and chair. Bedroom 2 has a kingsize bed with ensuite shower room. Bedroom 3 & 4 both have twin beds and there is also a family bathroom.
Superfast fibre broadband throughout the property.
A few things to note:
- Driftwood Corner is a family friendly holiday let and is not suitable for parties. We have a strict maximum occupancy of 8 people. Reasonable requests for visitors during your stay will be considered, but must be agreed, in writing, prior to arrival.
- We have a minimum 3 night stay all year round except during peak weeks when it is 7. The longer you stay, the better the rate, with up to 30% discount on a 7 night stay out of season.
- Self check in with key safe from 4pm. Check out by 10am.
- Up to 2 dogs are welcome when requested at the time of booking.
- Kitchen facilities: Double range cooker with 5 burner gas hob and double electric oven, fridge-freezer, dishwasher, washer-dryer, microwave, kettle, toaster, coffee pod machine.
- Iron & board, clothes airer and 1 hairdryer provided. Rotary washing line in garden.
- There is parking available on the driveway, with space for 2 cars and an EV Charger. You share the driveway with Little Driftwood so please don’t block the parking spaces in front of the garage. Additional free on-street parking is available in the village a 5-minute walk from the house.
- A travel cot (please bring bedding) and highchair are available on request.
We operate a live booking system so the calendar is always up to date. BOOK DIRECT with us for the best prices. For email updates on last minute availability and cancellations please sign up here. From £266 – £595 per night. The longer you stay, the better the rate. Min stay: 3 nights most of the year | 7 nights during peak times. Check in from 4pm | Check out by 10am.