Little Driftwood is a hidden gem for couples to get away from it all and unwind by the beach. Tucked away, in a quiet corner of a private sea estate in East Preston; it’s only a few steps to the all year round, dog friendly beach. A five minute stroll brings you to the village, with a choice of dog friendly pubs, cafes and take aways. Park the car and breathe in that sea air!
- Open plan living with log burner – cosy up in front of the fire on winter evenings
- A very well equipped kitchen (suitable for longer stays)
- Ground floor bedroom with king size bed
- Enclosed & private courtyard garden with fairy lit pergola
- Separate office upstairs for home working with fibre optic broadband (up to 300mpbs)
A little bit of detail:
Little Driftwood was newly built in 2020. Only 2 walls remain from the original garage and annexe. Many of the features have been created from recycled materials and the vaulted ceiling with multiple velux windows, give a wonderful sense of space and light.
Open plan living, but with clearly designated areas. As you walk in through the front door, your eyes are immediately drawn upwards to the vaulted ceiling and the unique design of the lighting rig. A driftwood “wave” created from pieces washed up on the local beach, provides a striking feature on the wall. The kitchen has everything you need for a comfortable self-catering stay, whilst the large breakfast bar divides it from the lounge area.
In the lounge you will find a comfy sofa, large screen smart TV and log burner, complete with an oven for the adventurous! (baked camembert is delicious!)
The bathroom with walk-in shower is hidden behind the handmade sliding mirror door. The bedroom is separated from the lounge by sliding doors made out of the old verandah doors from Driftwood Corner. A huge wardrobe and dressing table with mirror and hairdryer completes the bedroom.
Double doors lead to the courtyard garden, complete with fairy lit pergola and hammock! This is a proper sun trap from late morning onwards in the summer months and a lovely space for outside dining.
Wind your way up the staircase (not suitable for the less mobile) and you will find a cupboard housing the washer/dryer and a clothes airer on the mezzanine. Behind a further door is the fantastic home office space. With superfast broadband throughout the property, this is a wonderful feature for those needing to keep up with work during their stay. There is also the option for a third guest up here in a single bed (additional charge).
A few things to note:
- Little Driftwood is not suitable for children under 12 years. It is for couples or 2/3 friends.
- A 3rd guest is an extra £20 per night.
- There is a £20 supplement for use of the single bed upstairs (if only 2 guests).
- We have a minimum 3 night stay all year round and the longer you stay the better the rate!
- Reasonable requests for visitors during your stay will be considered, but must be agreed, in writing, prior to arrival.
- Self check in with key safe from 4pm. Check out by 10am.
- 1 dog is welcome when requested at the time of booking.
- Kitchen facilities: Oven, induction hob, fridge-freezer, dishwasher, washer-dryer, microwave, kettle, toaster, coffee pod machine.
- Iron & board, clothes airer and 1 hairdryer provided. Washing line in garden.
- There is parking available on the driveway for 2 cars in front of the garage. EV charging is available at our house (round the corner) by request. Please note the driveway is shared with Driftwood Corner.
- Access to storage in the garage for bikes or watersports equipment is available – just ask!
We operate a live booking system so the calendar is always up to date. BOOK DIRECT with us for the best prices. For email updates on last minute availability and cancellations please sign up here. Nightly rates from £103 – £200 per night – the longer the stay the better the rate. Min stay: 3 nights . Check in from 4pm | Check out by 10am.